March 10, 2012

Bi-Lo 7-Layer Salad



Bi-Lo deli sushi is AWFUL. In my opinion, Bi-Lo everything is awful…plus, they have bad worker’s comp policies, I'm told by someone who knows, so I avoid shopping there in general. Back to sushi. There’s not a grocery store in town I haven’t tried the sushi from (Bi-Lo, Kroger, Publix, Piggly Wiggly, Earthfare), and Bi-Lo is hands-down the worst. Why, then, did I buy a 7-layer salad?


Same reason I got the sushi that one time: hunger and laziness and desperation. The usual reasons for trying something usually beautiful in nature, and sullied by grocery store delis (see: deviled eggs, roasted chickens, salads).

Really isn’t too bad. The dual lettuces amused me

I wouldn’t have bought it, if it was all iceberg. Iceberg’s not good for you. Took some tossing, but I got everything coated enough with…well, yeah, mayonnaise, ok? It’s 7-Layer Salad. It’s DELICIOUS and it’s covered in MAYONNAISE! The red onion and bacon bits pretty much make it.

If I ever find myself needing something to tide me over for less than five bucks, I’d eat it again. Especially with wine, Primal Roots, chosen for it's swirly-pearly label (and cheapness, just assume price is always the first reason I pick a wine).

The wine has a much lovelier description.

It is reminiscent of a poor man’s Cupcake, just has a…snippy bite that doesn’t allow for a fully enjoyable swallow. Wine 2, chosen solely for price, was FishEye

The review: Oh my, that tastes exactly like the non-alcoholic grape juice communion “wine” from childhood.

Second sip: Oh my, that tastes exactly like the non-alcoholic grape juice communion “wine” from childhood.

Third sip: Oh my, that tastes exactly like the non-alcoholic grape juice communion “wine” from childhood.

This stuff is awful!!

Drive to the store included: Grouper, Beats Antique, RHPS sdtk, Justice, Siouxsie and the Banshees.

Watching as I blog: Stephen Fry in America (his assessment of Atlantic City is spot-on, and his host in DC is Jimmy Wales)

3 comments:

MCV said...

That Cupcake you linked was on sale at my local Target so I tried it because of you. Thank you!!! I'm sipping it as we speak and it is so smooth and light.

Hope things are getting better for you.

MCV said...

That Cupcake you linked was on sale at my local Target so I tried it because of you. Thank you!!! I'm sipping it as we speak and it is so smooth and light.

Hope things are getting better for you.

Queen Marie, Gluten-Free said...

I am so glad you're still reading!! I hit a wall trying to make the blog not an eye-sore, and then my camera died and I thought posts of food without pics was lame!! Your comment has relit the fire to get it going again. I wish I had some wine, any wine, right now!